Conway's Commentary

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Welcome!

Earlier today I was watching “Fox and Friends in the Morning”, on obviously, the Fox News Channel. The three hosts were discussing a recent comment crooner Barry Manilow made about ABC’s “The View”,’ co-host Elizabeth Hasselbeck. Apparently Mr. Manilow, a liberal, strongly disagrees with Mrs. Hasselbeck’s conservative political positions and has said on his website he will not appear on the show today. Mr. Manilow wanted to be interviewed by the girls at “The View” sans Hasselbeck; when the producers would not “accommodate this simple request” he canceled his appearance. I got to thinking why this is news and why should Barry Manilow, Elizabeth Hasselbeck, and “The Fox and Friends” crew opinion’s matter more then mine?

I have played with the idea of joining the ever growing “Bloggersphere” for about a year. I do not think the majority of American’s are represented in the commentary community. I am a pretty much a true centrist and as such I am tired of the commentators, talk show hosts, and bloggers who are so one sided and really don’t look at the issues as deep as I do and will here. Most American’s fall somewhere in the middle of the political spectrum and most Americans look at issues individually not in a left versus right or red versus blue fashion.

Here at Conway’s Commentary I hope to blend my practical experience and academic knowledge of politics to bring a perspective that is currently lacking from the current discourse. I do not plan on making this a political soap box; I plan on keeping the conversation light and lively. Please let me know what you think, I have a pretty thick skin and a set of steel balls, so don’t worry about hurting my feelings. I hope you enjoy reading this as I think I will enjoy writing it.

Sources used in posting:

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=7930a03e-1707-41fe-a3e2-74bd0b0dc540&sid=fd-news

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home